The county law libraries in Florida were established by a Special
Act of the Florida Legislature in 1937 (Laws of Florida, Chapter 17720) which
prescribed a tax on members of the Bar in counties having a population of
180,000 or more, to be used for the creation of a law library in that county.
This legislation has been supplemented by various acts throughout the years. This act was implemented in Dade County by a rule of the Circuit Court adopted in June, 1937, which placed the supervision, management and control of the library in a Board of three Trustees, appointed by the presiding Circuit Judge.
The members of the Board of Trustees are appointed by the Chief Judge of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit.
HONORABLE BARBARA ARECES, Circuit Court Judge, Chair
HONORABLE GILL S. FREEMAN, Circuit Court Judge,
STEVEN BEFERA, Esquire
Cole, Scott & Kissane, P.A.
HONORABLE ABIGAIL CYNAMON
Florida Association of Women Lawyers
CHRISTINE A. GUDAITIS, Esquire
Ver Ploeg & Lumpkin, P.A.
Kutner, Rubinoff & Moss, LLP
LYLE E. SHAPIRO
Richman Greer, P.A.
VICTORIA MENDEZ, Esquire
Cuban American Bar Association
AMELI PADRON-FRAGETTA, Esquire
Ameli Padron-Fragetta, LLC
DAMIAN THOMAS, Esquire
Wilkie D. Ferguson, Jr. Bar Association
NANCY WEAR, Esquire
South Miami/Kendall Bar Association
CANDIS TRUSTY, Esquire
Markowitz Ringel Trusty & Hartog, P.A.
County Law Library
73 West Flagler St. #321
Miami, FL 33130